Our Lead Solutions:
- Risk Assessments
- Abatement Inspections and Monitoring
- Waste Characterization for Disposal
What is Lead?
Lead poisoning is caused by increased levels of the heavy metal lead in the human body. Lead is toxic to many organs and tissues. It is especially toxic to children, causing potentially permanent learning and behavior disorders.
- One may be exposed to lead in contaminated air, water, soil, food, and consumer products.
- Lead poisoning in adults is mainly through occupational exposure.
- Lead poisoning in children is mainly through lead paint chips.
- Lead poisoning can be through deteriorated lead paint that contaminates household dust.
- When lead paint is sanded or torched, it can cause dust and fumes containing lead.